|Agenda. Photo by Paul Masquelier.|
This meetup on December 1 was with an agenda shown in the picture to the left. Unfortunately, as happens to the best of us, it was not possible to set up the demo in time, and this paved the way for a substantially longer, and livelier, Q & A session after the presentation.
Before the main presentation, there were several announcements:
- A Winter 2011 course at Foothill College on Application Software Development with AJAX by Elaine Haight
- A Winter 2011 course at Foothill College on Using Cascading Style Sheets for Design by Newton Chan
- Job openings at Logitech by Pat Ransil
- Job openings at Appirio by Iein Valdez
|Andres Ferrate. Photo by Paul Masquelier.|
|Daniels Lee. Photo by Paul Masquelier.|
- Cartoon Network
Several interesting aspects of man-machine interface design were also mentioned:
- Leanback experience, where the TV viewer would have no reason to lean forward, and can operate the contents on the TV screen by leaning back on a couch.
- 10% minimum padding is recommended in the use of the TV screen real estate
- An aspect ratio of 16:9 is recommended for effective viewing.
Overall, a very satisfactory introduction to Google TV and its applications.